Are you a parent or carer of young children?
Do you live in Norfolk or Suffolk?
Would you like to support other parents or carers by hosting your own social meets?
The Essential Qualities of our Volunteers
A GMOTFW Volunteer is someone who wants to help, is understanding and interested in making a difference to others’ lives as well as to their own. The following list of qualities are what we believe make the perfect volunteer.
1. Be a team player with a genuine interest in helping others
2. Have a kind, gentle nature which comforts people and puts them at ease.
3. Be sensitive to cases of Anxiety, Depression, Postnatal Depression and other related mental illnesses as well as disabilities.
4. Be a confidential & non-judgemental ear to listen.
5. Be friendly and inclusive of ALL members at all times.
1. To host a minimum of 2 social meets in your local area.
2. To engage with those just wanting someone to have a friendly, non-judgemental chat to on our closed Facebook groups.
3. To help monitor our closed social media groups, approving memberships and answering questions.
4. Sharing and promoting our Charity online to advertise us in relevant areas.
5. Help to shape the future of GMOTFW with ideas, initiatives and through feedback.
7. Be willing to learn and adhere to charity policies and procedures including signing a confidentiality disclaimer, authorising a DBS check to be carried out by the charity (provided by GMOTFW) and completing adequate Safeguarding training.
Perks of the Job
Upon completion of a 3-month probationary period, you will be provided a Lanyard and Uniform to wear at meets and events.
In addition to this, you will benefit from:
1. The chance to be part of the friendliest, most supportive team.
2. A huge confidence boost and the fuzzy feeling that comes along with helping others
3. A low commitment voluntary position which you can put on your CV. We are happy to provide references.
4. An easy way to help maintain your own mental wellbeing through interaction with others.
5. To help campaign for better mental health services, and shape its future.
6. Training and support
7. Expenses can be claimed for hosting physical meets – Mileage/Bus or Train tickets/Parking – Other expenses authorised by the Charity.
What to do now?
If you can meet the requirements of a voluntary position with GMOTFW and would like to join the team, please get in touch.
You will then be invited to an informal sign up meeting or recruitment session (currently completed via Zoom). You will then need to complete some paperwork/DBS check/Training before hosting your first meet.
If you’re interested in joining the team please contact Carrie on firstname.lastname@example.org.
“I became a volunteer for GMOTFW as I wanted to help others. It has had such a positive impact on my life. When I first joined I was very nervous but Carrie & Lucinda went to every effort to make me feel welcome. I have always felt supported on my journey with the charity. Whether it’s helping you with any training or coming to your meets with you until you feel confident enough to do them alone, The GMOTFW’s team are there for you. I am so glad I found this supportive & caring charity. It has made me grow as a person and it’s changed my life for the better.” Feedback from Volunteer Ambassador